Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let's talk about music...

Lately, I have been feeling more moved by female music artists. It seems it's easier for women to express the way they feel. I just have to listen to music to feel this. I often feel that words can't totally describe the way I feel, but music certainly can! Sometimes when I listen to a song I've got the feeling that the lyrics and the music have been written for me, that the song is telling my story. When this happens, I feel deeply connected with the author of the song.
People who think that music used to be better in 'whatever period of time' annoy me as they seem blindfolded and seem to live in the past. There are so many talented artists out there, you just have to open your eyes and your ears!
Let me give you a list of musicians I've been listening to recently: Dry the River, Ben Howard, Land of Talk, We The Committee, Daughter, Lucy Rose, Bat for Lashes.



                                                          (Bat for Lashes' latest album : "The Haunted man")

No comments:

Post a Comment